Northwest masonry industry association is seeking an Executive Director for our concrete masonry promotional organization. Responsibilities include association management; building code development; creation of educational programs and delivering technical presentations; technical support for design professionals; and coordination of industry research projects. Responsibilities also include development of strategies for successful implementation of association programs and collaboration with other industry groups.
The successful candidate will report to a Board of Directors. The association’s focus is the advancement of the northwest concrete masonry industry in the commercial building market.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Northwest location permitting residence in Washington or Oregon; Western Washington location preferred.
To express interest, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in commercial building design including the design of reinforced masonry or concrete structures. A professional license is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while meeting project deadlines and managing multiple projects at once.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Outgoing personality with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with architects and engineers to provide design guidance and engage in discussions regarding building material selection. Existing contacts within the regional A/E/C community preferred.
- Ability to recognize masonry industry challenges and opportunities and communicate their level of importance to the Board.
- Attend requested jobsite visits to assist in construction dispute resolution.
- Some travel away from home with overnight stays.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.